SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
penelopejosephine

Bluestar convection fan noise

penelopejosephine
14 years ago

I know I have read a thread about the convection fan/motor on Bluestar ranges before, but could not find it in a search. We just started using our 36" RNB range. When I did the burn-off procedure, the convection fan was completely quiet. The first time we used the oven (DH used the oven), he turned on the convection. There was an intermittent noise like a loud rumble that would come on and off as the cookies were baking. I can't predict when it will happen...it comes and goes when the convection is being used. We had the white glove service last week. It started making the noise, and the tech "tightend some bolts". Since it's intermittent, it (of course) didn't make the noise after he did that. He said to call if it continued. Well, it's still making the noise. Any ideas for me before I call? Anyone else have this happen and what was the culprit?

I think my DH is questioning my appliance choices. I just posted that our Miele isn't drying dishes, and our Liebherr french door fridge (that was supposed to be the new fixed model) came with doors that don't self-close...yep...it's a first generation. Yikes.

Thanks for your help!

PJ

Comments (6)