SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zoe213

GC lied to me about the vanity price!

zoe213
12 years ago

After interviewed 5 Gc, we finally picked one to remodel my master bathroom(based on the recommend of a neighbor and his past experience).

In his price estimate, he list the profit that he is going make(about 23% for the whole price estimate) and estimates for individual material(faucet, vanity, granite, glass....etc) and the labor cost.

So we thought that for the material we going to get "what we paid".

Last week, he gave me a story about the how the vanity is $2200(cherry wood, for two sinks and the originally budget is $1600)and he asked the manufacture to lower the

price to $2000.

When I told to the lady from the vanity company about some detail, I accidently found out that the real price is $1600.

That is almost 20% makeup!

This unhappy experience let me start to wonder what he want us to order the faucets, tub and toilet from Fugerson.

And when I asked the price for the granite, his answer is ��the estimate price on the list��.

We signed the contract and paid some deposit already, there is no way that we can get out of this deal.

For the past 12 years that we lived in this house, we had hired many contractors to fixed here or there.

And I am sorry to said that none of them that I will feel good enough to recommend to my friend.

And I live in Tampa, Florida!

Thanks for reading!

Comments (26)