SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zophie_gw

Replacing alcove tub with freestanding, help please

Zophie
10 years ago

I just ripped out a old 60x'30' cast iron alcove tub along with two long and skinny built in cabinets on either side of it. The space is now 98'. I'm looking at a vintagetub.com Randolph Morris 60'x30' in either cast iron or acrylic, I prefer pedestal but due to closeness of wall am wondering if I should get clawfoot for cleaning purposes.

How much space should I leave between the tub and the long/back wall?

Should the faucet be on the long wall or one of the short ends? What type of faucet is best?

The custom vanity (width to be determined) is on a 66" wall perpendicular to the tub. I was thinking about putting a cabinet next to vanity at the foot of tub. Does this sound like a good plan? Who should I design the cabinet?

This is a jack and jill bathroom, toilet is next to one door, vanity next to the other. Tub is opposite window and walk in shower (nestled under dormer).

How much space should I leave between tub and the short wall? The built in cabinet?

Any advice about a cabinet size? I'm thinking it should face tub, like the dream photo from houzz that I've referenced.

Sorry about my 30 second horrible sketch, my artist daughter is at school and my contractor is waiting!

Here is a link that might be useful: houzz.com serene escape masterbath in Minnesota

Comments (2)