Houzz Logo Print
sweetwillie_gw

please help settle argument drywallers come tomorrow

sweetwillie
15 years ago

Hi,

Please see link for photo

I have asked 10 people so far and the verdict is split 5-5

We are building new. We have built a 950 sf bonus room above the garage and kitchen/dining room. We have built 2 bedrooms in this area way to the back for our 2 boys ages 15 and 13. There is a common area between the rooms that we plan on having a couch and tv for them to hang with their friends watching tv and playing video games. I suspect they will spend LOTS of time in there. This area was specifically designed for 2 teenagers as their personnal space

What worries me is noise. Walking around now I here everything and I worry that all noise from the great room located just below will carry upstairs and more importantly all of their noise will travel down.

I have suggested we might want to wall up the existing opening and install a 4' pocket door. My wife thinks this will look silly and closed off. I agree 100% that appearance wise I would rather have it open but from a normal daily living aspect I think it should be closed off.

There will be railing up the stairs, along the catwalk, and in the opening at this point.

Please help drywallers want to tape and mud tomorrow.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1416919}}

Comments (9)