SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariana6b

Please help settle argument about gas/mowers

mariana6b
16 years ago

My husband and I had a somewhat heated argument about a lawn mower today, silly as it may sound. My husband has a new mower and wants to take good care of it, which I certainly understand. However I disagree with one of his methods. After mowing the grass today, he left the mower run for about 5 minutes after he was done so he could use up the rest of the gas. He said the gas was about a month old and it needed to be used up to prevent the gas from turning to varnish and gunking up the works. When I asked how long this would go on, he said maybe as long as 20 minutes. This seemed like a waste of gas and an environmentally unfriendly thing to do. Much to his displeasure, I ended up turning off the mower. I guess men don't like people messing with their mowers - he's been annoyed all day about it. Was it really necessary for him to use up all the gas today instead of just waiting until it ran out? He's mowing about once a week. Wouldn't it be better to just not fill it up with as much gas each time? Do I owe him an apology?

Comments (30)