SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
konrad___far_north

My home made frameless shower door...

Konrad___far_north
16 years ago

Just showing off, and ideas to others.

I couldn't see myself paying $750 for a glass door, after tiling the shower for $250 on material.

So I cam up with a cheap plastic Door, I think it's Acrylic, had some pieces in the machine shop laying around for years, figured I could experiment a little.

The door is sandwiched with round flat stainless pieces I machined, could not find the same matching screws, it will do for now until I find some.

The door thickness is too thin, 1/4", 3/8 or 1/2" would be better, I knew before cutting it but figured for a test piece it will do and I could still stiffen it up a little with some Aluminium square or round tubing.

Overall I'm happy with the outcome, have allot more light in the shower now then before with a framed door.

The nice thing about going plastic I.M.O... allot lighter and very safe material, especially with the mounting future I have come up with, bottom and top swivel, no screws needed, [hate to put screws into tiles] just a little silicone to hold the base down from sliding sideways.

Konrad

Comments (4)