SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shknbk

Preheat times for new ovens...are they all slow?

shknbk
17 years ago

I have been looking for a replacement for my harvest gold GE ovens. You'd think I'd be thrilled with all of the new ovens, but the one thing I keep hearing about is the length of time it takes to preheat these ovens. I recently tested a Wolf 30" oven and it took 18 minutes for it to preheat to 350.

I worry about the times when I want to quickly cook a pizza for one of my teenagers. I would hate to have to wait 20 minutes for the preheat and then another 20 for the finished product. I know that the covered elements are great for cleaning, but time is important too.

One thought I had was to get the GE Profile convection/thermal oven, which would give me one oven (I would assume?) that preheats faster, but these ovens don't have the full extension racks, which is a feature that I love in the new ovens.

Does anyone have the GE Profile thermal/convection dual oven?...how long does it take to preheat the thermal oven? Are you satisfied with the convection oven?

Are there any thermal/convection ovens that have full extension racks?

Are there any new ovens that have concealed burners that preheat in 8 to 10 minutes? If not, how have you coped with the ovens that take so long to preheat?

I'd appreciate your thoughts and ideas.

Comments (67)