SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bwaibel_gw

Dreamline Swing/Panel Shower Doors

bwaibel
15 years ago

Hello,

I find myself on this site pretty often these days, but this is my first post, hopefully I did enough diligence to not repeat an oft asked question.

We're in the process of re-modelling our main floor, part of that is adding a bathroom. We have an empty bathroom with drywall on the walls and tile in the shower, and I'm looking for a good glass door for the 32"x42" shower (3 walls and an opening).

My wife was insistent on a "Frameless" shower door, until she saw the first couple of bids ($1300-1500). I'm happy to get some sort of frame because I'm worried that such a small shower will be a wet mess with a fully frameless door.

We've shopped around for semi-frameless doors, from Holcam, Arizona, and have a bid from a glass guy for an Agalite door. Our tile guy also offered to install the door for us if we get it.

So now, I'm choosing between an Agalite door installed for $950 and buying our own door, and I stumbled upon this door:

http://www.bathauthority.com/shower-door-elegance.html

But can't find any information about it online that isn't from the manufacturer. That is the nicest looking and least expensive of all of our options, so I'm wondering what's wrong with it? Does anyone have any experience with these doors? How can a 3/8" glass door be so inexpensive? Is this thing going to come crashing down on my children's feet?

Comment