SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
graywings123

Miele floor tool accessory advice

graywings123
14 years ago

I bought a Miele S168 mini-upright stick vac the other day. It has some wonderful features, but I'm having difficulty picking up dog fur, which is the major floor cleaning issue I have. I'm hoping it is just a matter of finding the right attachments for it.

It came with the combination rug and floor tool with two settings - Smooth Floor and Carpets/Rugs. The Smooth Floor setting exposes short bristles that catch the dog fur and prevent them from being sucked into the machine. The Carpets and Rugs setting retracts the bristles and leaves clumps of dog fur on the rugs (fake oriental rugs). So for the moment, I'm using them in reverse - the Carpet setting on the hardwood and the Smooth Floor setting on the rug.

I tried the Miele Direct Connect Powerbrush #SEB 217-3. That did a pretty good job of picking up the dog fur from the rug, but collected most of it in the the brush roller.

Is there a floor tool that removes the fur from the carpet and doesn't collect the fur in the bristles? And oddly, I'm having to remove dog fur that clings to the neck of the machine (second pic). What's that about?

Comments (24)