SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Which Vacuum? Riccar Pristine, Sebo Airbelt, Miele Callisto?

lynnalexandra
14 years ago

I spent hours (and hours) reading reviews here and across the net this winter. I have medium pile carpet in all bedrooms and family room, and wood (with area rugs) in living room, dining room and kitchen. I prefer canisters and want one that's good and convenient for dusting as well. Also really important that it filters air well (we all have asthma/allergies). After several Kenmore progressives breaking in numerous ways, I thought I'd be buying a Miele Callisto - and went to a local dealer to actually try some out.

Now I'm more confused. The dealer much preferred the sebo airbelt K3 - that was his first choice. He said the Miele's are not made as well any more. His second choice was the Riccar Pristine (listed at $1029 but he'd offer a discount for the floor model). He also thought the jRoyal Lexon 520 was a possibility (although he clearly preferred the riccar and Sebo). The Riccar Charisma is the same as the Simplicity Clinch.

Does anyone have advice about which is better? The SEbo airbelt K3, Riccar Charisma (or Simplicity Clinch) and Miele Callisto are also in the $800 range. So with comparable prices, which is better?

Lastly, if we go with Riccar/Simplicity, should we consider the full sized canisters instead of mid-size?

Thank you.

Lynn.

Comments (18)