SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christymck

Old Tile Sticking Out - Shower

ChristyMcK
10 years ago

Hi. We are first time home owners and have lived in our 1939 home for the last two years with no problems (the previous owners did a lot of work after the first owners of 65 years left).

I think we may have our first issue. There is a column of two tiles about 4 or 5 rows high that are sticking out of the shower wall just slightly. When two tiles are pressed with my hand, others above or below move and stick out. It seems to me there may be some water that's gotten behind it. The tile and bathroom is vintage and we like it. The tile is all over the shower (ceiling too!) and floor of the bathroom.

Questions:
Is this repairable or will it require tearing out the whole wall or whole shower full of tiles and replacing everything (ugh)? Any diagnosis of the situation would be welcome. Is this a job for a tiler, contractor, plumber or some or all of these? Not sure who to call first. I presume leaving it alone until we get someone to look at it is best since if we look behind we would let more water seep in?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County