SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

Is being able to SEE all the food worth counter-depth smallness?

theresse
14 years ago

We have a basic fridge made in 1990. Not even double doors but just your basic, boring fridge and it's only 18.2 cubic feet!

I'll be buying our first-ever new fridge soon, and my heart IS set on the french door style, no matter what (either that or some $10k Wolf setup which I definitely can't afford). ;) We have 3 growing boys and our fridge is always packed and we often waste money on food we forget is there cause we can't see it all shoved back out of the way! How sad!

The main reason I wanted a fridge was for a bigger size, but then on the other hand the counter-deep ones are shallow enough that you can really see everything in there and won't so easily lose track of food!

Anyone know what french door counter-depth fridge has the MOST cubic feet? I thought maybe if I gave up ice/water in door, I'd get more cubic feet that way (more door space)? Maybe not. I noticed some brands don't offer NOT having through-door ice/water, e.g. Samsung but then Samsung's french door counter-depth fridges are offered in 23 cubic feet which is getting close to big enough. Do they get bigger, anyone know? Going from 18 cu. ft. to 23 isn't too shabby.

Comments (18)