SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

My President's Day Table

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

The day after Valentine's Day made it a bit hard, but I'd actually started planning this table a few weeks ago. I found these historical plates at GW for only $2 each and had to have them. Not only because we're huge Early American history buffs, but I wanted to do a table to especially celebrate my great, great, great(etc.) uncle, Abraham Lincoln. Until now, I never thought to do a table for him. You all have given me the confidence and ideas for that. Thanks!

Here's a close-up of the plates. They're actually scenes from the Revolutionary War, but since we celebrate all U.S. Presidents today, I knew they'd work:

{{gwi:1411472}}

Here's an overview of the table. If Jane lived closer . . . ok, a LOT closer ;^D . . . I'd have borrowed some of her gorgeous pewter collection for this table. As it is, I had to use what I already had, which wasn't much. I did make the napkins this afternoon from old fabric, though. The books are all ours from our collection, and all about presidents past. Should I take them away?

{{gwi:1411473}}

Here's a close-up of one of the place settings. Do you think the napkins look ok like this, or should I use my silver napkin rings instead?

{{gwi:1411474}}

And my two framed portraits of George Washington and Uncle Abraham:

{{gwi:1411475}}

{{gwi:1411476}}

It's a simple table, but I think it works ok. I'm open to suggestions, though!

Lynn

Comments (19)

Sponsored
More Discussions