SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

A Salute to Levi

oldalgebra
14 years ago

There was a planning meeting for a our charity committee at my house today, and I used the Levi-themed table

IÂve been putting together these past few days. After the plans were finalized, we all sat down to lunch. We had

sliders, green salad and tater tots. Yes, tater tots  and they were good too!

This is the best I could do picture-wise. I should have waited for better lighting, but there was no time for that.

I put frames around them, as I explored the Edit section of Photobucket after Karen talked about it on Jane's western table post.

The tatoes were dished up in a gold miner's pan. (IÂm originally from Northern California, so I have a few 49er items.

In fact, I used to pan for gold in the Sacramento River when I was little.) The condiments were served in a

cobbler's nail caddy. I took a close-up picture of it, but it turns out that condiment pictures are yucky looking.

See the metal hook with the wooden handle (leaning on the toe of the boot)? Does anyone know

(or care to guess) what itÂs used for? HINT: You need two to use them properly.

"Lanterns" are nail-punched paint cans. They're filled with battery operated

LED string lights.

Here's a close up of the centerpiece. Well, really it's a side-piece.

Just purchased the boots at the Goodwill. They've been there ever since I did

my western table last summer. I just didn't want to pay $ 9.99 for them at

the time and didn't have the heart to ask the people at Goodwill to come

down in price. Each time IÂd pop in at the Goodwill, I'd visit them.

They never came down in price. Obviously, IÂm the one who broke down.

The tablecloth is a picnic throw my mother made a zillion years ago.

She made a couple for our family and then made individual ones for both of our

children. They're the best picnic throws ever! Can't feel little rocks or

prickly weeds through them. Soak up moisture before it soaks through.

No need to worry about spills.

The Levi pocket flatware holder was an idea from the internet. Like Jane, I keep

old jeans on hand for extra fabric. So it was just a matter of cutting out the pocket.

After everyone left, things were transferred to the pull-out table for dinner tonight.

Jeanne and Punk, this will be your table when you arrive by stagecoach on Friday. Biscuits and chicken pot pie.

Comments (29)

Sponsored
More Discussions