SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piscesgirl

Anyone purchase "matching" marble trim tile online?

piscesgirl
10 years ago

We have purchased Calacatta Gold marble tile for our next bathroom renovation. We will be putting the marble on the walls and we want to order trim tile (pencil or chair rail and possibly baseboard) to match.

The tile we purchased was a closeout from a local granite/marble supplier. They said they could order trim pieces but there was no guarantee it would match since the lot we purchased was older and from a distributor they no longer work with. They said anytime you order trim there is no guarantee it will match because they don't necessarily cut counters, tile, trim from the same stone lot.

We have gone to other local stores and while they all have pieces on display they are older display pieces and they say to order a piece to see what it will ultimately look like and even then there is no guarantee as marble is a natural material with variation.

Trim pieces are a lot more at local stores than online. And by a lot I mean double. So since I have to order a sample anyway I am thinking of ordering online.

Has anyone ordered marble from places like Stone Center Online, Builder Depot, Deko tile, etc.

Were you trying to match other tile? If so were you satisfied with the product. Did you order a sample? Did the product delivered look like the sample?

How much extra do you suggest we order for trim tile?
Thanks!

Comments (5)