SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sis3_gw

Some Hide A Hose, including 60' hose, answers

sis3
14 years ago

I visited my local Central Vacuum Stores this morning, to buy more attachments, so I asked them some of the questions that have been raised here recently about Hide A Hose.

Someone here was told that the hoses can develop a funny smell. Mine never has, but CVS said that if you have dogs, especially large ones, the hose sock can pick up the doggy odors! There are a few simple fixes. You can lay the hose with sock out in the sun to naturally deodorize it. You can run the hose and sock through dryer sheets or you can use Febreze. Also CVS said that if it is a real problem, hoses less than 50 feet do not need to have the sock on at all, which should solve the problem.

I know Jeri has been asking forever for input on 60' Hide A Hose. My CVS has several customers with 60' hoses and feel that as long as the power unit is correctly sized (it is the water lift number that is most important) to be able to vacuum in that length of hose, you should be fine. They also feel that having one outlet rather than two will be very convenient, as well as significantly less expensive for you. I know it's not actual personal experience, Jeri, but I hope it helps.

Comments (17)