SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Yesterday's Treasure Hunt Finds

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

I usually meet my bestfriend in town on Tuesdays for lunch and shopping, but she couldn't make it yesterday. Soooooo, I decided, to heck with it, I'm not running errands today, I'm going on a treasure hunt all by myself, and have a good time doing it . . . and I did!

I first headed over to GW to p/u a few items I'd bought on auction.

This first piece is VERY New Mexican. I've got it on my family room kiva fireplace mantel for the time being. It's the pot on the left there, which is actually a very good example of gourd art: a very large, dried gourd that's been hollowed out, dried, carves, incised and painted. It's supposed to be a bit crooked, being a real gourd. I got it for $20, but one that large and with that much carving on it would sell at an art show for at least $125. I think it makes a nice bold statement against my painted fireplace.

{{gwi:1408942}}t's

I also added to my Red Transferware collection with these 3 cups. They're Adams Ironstone and in perfect condition. I got the three of them for $7 total. Score!

{{gwi:1410278}}

At another TS, I found this darling pitcher for only $3. It'll come in handy with my Spring and Summer dishes, I think.

{{gwi:1410280}}

Take a look at my new napkin rings . . . aren't they pretty? I found them at Cost Plus World Market. They were a bit pricey at $3.99 each, but look at the detailing on them. They're very well made and even the ring potion is beautiful. I know I'm going to use these a lot!

{{gwi:1410282}}

I also hit Pier One. I don't get to this place often enough, but I should! I found the perfect placemats there for my next tablescape and napkins for it at World Market.

And . . . (I'm so excited about this!) I came up with a really different and unique idea for napkin rings there, too! I bought all the necessary things to make them, except for one more key piece. So, I'm not showing those yet until I finish.

I was going to head to CB next, but ran out of time. I thought I'd just head there today, but our dobie, Ronin, got sick in the night and I was up with him for most of it. On only 4 1/2 hours of sleep, I had to run him into the vet's this morning for an x-ray, blood work and exam. Nothing showed up, and we're waiting for the blood work to get back. Maybe tomorrow I can get back to town and CB.

Lynn

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living
More Discussions