SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zoomer316_gw

Bertazzoni - it's time to talk!

zoomer316
16 years ago

Hello everyone,

I'm encouraging the Bertazzoni buyers to jump in with their comments. I prefer gentle forthrightness to out and out slaming or pooh poohing. thanks for listening :)

Since it's new to the US, there isn't alot of data in.

Here's a quote from Appliance Mag. from the 6/07 trade show. That it came up AFTER I bought the Bertazzoni even though I used 'search' on Appliance.com bothers me. So I'm blaming myself for not finding the info I needed.

"Bertazzoni SpA, based in Parma, Italy, was there with its new Heritage line of cooking appliances. Bertazzoni has been in the United States just two years, and as president and CEO Paolo Bertazzoni told me at K/BIS, getting products ready for the U.S. market was no small engineering challenge. In fact, as little as 4% of the components in a cooking appliance for Europe are used in a similar appliance for the North American market."

With only 4% of the product being the same...we are not getting the well known Italian product being used in Italy/Europe. Does this apply to the famous French ones too?

There was only one person on the Garden Web who 'allowed email'...and only 3 persons who said they had purchased in the Bertazzoni line. The person I contacted told me she was very disappointed in the oven's performance (30" range),purchased 2 years ago (2006) and that it was quirky and noisy and had temp gauge difficulties, and has replaced it quickly. The top burners were without difficulty.

So now I own another average cooker when I was dreaming of becoming a cook with finesse. Of course if you're a really goooood cook you can pull it off with a electric skillet, but I need all the help I can get!

How can you help? Please reconsider allowing email, unless you received too many requests for help, especially in these early years of availability. The company will no doubt be changing and correcting any problems quickly, so models will vary year to year.

If I had known that only 4% of the product was the same...I would have never considered it. At this stage, I am going for the tried and true, not new and re-engineered.

This was part of a dreamÂand my retirement plan...to have a wonderful range and be able to cook well, so I invested. It's a huge deal to someone like me to have to 'throw it away' and buy something better. Mine was built in June of 2007, so perhaps in the intervening time it has been tweaked to perfection!

So I'm encouraging the Bertazzoni buyers to jump in with their comments. Thanks again for listening :)

Dolly

Comment (1)