SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debo_2006

Using cut field tile to finish off glass tile backsplash (pics)

debo_2006
14 years ago

Looking for honest opinions and/or suggestions here. We're tiling our tub/shower area with 10x13 field tile and a 3" blended glass mosaic tile 59" up in shower as an accent. To coordinate, we're thinking of using the glass mosaic as our vanity backsplash (and on the left side of the vanity as well, even though there's no built in 4" splash like the back shows). We'll be using bullnosed tiles to finish off the shower ends. Would it look okay to use the same bullnose tiles (only cut into 1" strips) to give the vanity splash a finished look. Or should we just use the glass tile with not finished end liners? The field tile is porcelain, BTW.

Unfortunately, the manufacturer of the glass doesn't make a bullnosed liner to match, and with the colors of the blended mosaic, it's very difficult to match elsewhere - I've looked high and low. The colors in the field tile are ivory, beiges, greys and the glass tiles are charcoal, grey, and beige.

Picture of the area showing mosaic on left. We'll tile the left side too:

{{gwi:1406061}}

Porcelain field tile with glass mosaic:

{{gwi:1406062}}

Glass tile against sink counter

{{gwi:1406063}}

Am I on the right track or way off on how I should do this. DH is doing the tile work.

Thanks.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations