SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamgypsy_gw

Tablesettings Part 4

tamgypsy
17 years ago

I thought I would start this up since the other thread reached it's limit ...:)

Comments (71)

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Kathleen_li, I saw the chargers also. And I believe they said they have the napkins. And the yellow set in different colors also. DH even saw them and liked them although he didn't gush like me. The sad thing is he said he wouldn't go to NY with me to buy them.

Luvs, I thought the eggplant and green were very elegant together. I think eggplant colored glasses would look nice also. I like just the touches of eggplant they have best I think. I don't know if the bottom "plate" is the dinner plate or a charger.

Yachter, Your Shih Tzus babies are so pretty. I bet they loved playing in the snow. I've always thought they were such a pretty breed. And no shopping during snow means more money when you do get to go. :~0

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good morning Ladies..:)
    Kathleen you crack me up..LOL...I will try to go to Wegmans during Lunch or after work to get some prices...I will also look if the bottom of the dishes has a manufacturer on them. Not all of them are available in stores yet...when you look at their website some of them won't be in stores until next month.
    The bad thing about these dishes is that they only will have them for a couple of weeks and that is it...they won't come back. Right now they also have in the store down the road a display that looks like McKenzie Child (sp.) type of dishes...very colorful....Two weeks ago they had a display of Godinger (sp.) plates, pitchers, cakestands etc. ...it took all I had not to give in to the temptation.
    I kinda feel bad for posting those pictures because some of you don't have Wegmans...I truely did for inspiration because the first picture I saw was the yellow one and I thought of yachters plates...the other thing to keep in mind if one needs to set a table for 12 this can get pricey too...none of the items come in sets...you buy each piece individually...I will probably purchase some bowls (really like the pink), small plates, chargers and the amethyst stemware...but I too need to check on prices and then budget as they bring it into the stores...all of these displays get picked over very quickly....I am lucky that I have 4 stores within 15 minutes of me...but that still does not guarantee I will find everything I'd like...lol

Yachter what cute dogs...my two are refusing to stay outside long lately and my lab mix has to be bribed to go out because he somehow always manages to hurt the pads on his paws and has been limping on and off...I tried the doggie boots but he looses them within the first couple minutes...

Here is a picture of my two furry kids..:)
    Shiloh is the lab mix (we've had him since he was a puppy) and Dakota is the rotty shepard mix (he is a rescued dog...we got him when he was a year old...he was used as a bait dog for dog fights)
    {{gwi:1409744}}

• Related Discussions

Tablesetting for Charity

Q

Comments (4)
    OOOOOHHHHHH, Kathleen! Thanks so much for sharing that with us. I SO ENJOYED looking at all those tables and can't wait for Part 2! What a great idea they had for a fundraiser. I really like all the different themes they came up with. DD
    ...See More

Tablesetting is hard work

Q

Comments (9)
    Thanks Sandi, I just love roses. I usually have the little rose plates hanging on my wall. How's that for looking around to be creative? LOL Kathleen, I loved the napkin folding video. I actually tried using two colors of napkins to put them in the glasses--but the napkins weren't stiff enough! I loved the ones on the video that you could stand up on the salad or dessert plate. Might have to try that sometime. It was fun playing with the dishes and stuff--but when I finished putting stuff away, I realized how tired I was. DH had gotten called to work, and I just wasn't in the mood to leave the house today, so this was part of my entertainment. Hope you enjoyed it. Luvs
    ...See More

Looking 4 part WP4453908

Q

Comments (2)
    Thanks @wdccruise muchly appreciated your help in locating this part!!! I've been looking for this part all week. I live in Canada so it's not a problem. I have ordered it just by looking by at the pics as oem part number is not listed..lets see what happens.
    ...See More

Shrub Rose Recs: zone 6a, 4-5' tall, fragrant, part sun?

Q

Comments (17)
    Thanks all for the wonderful recommendations -- I really appreciate it! I've called around to a few local garden centers and one has some David Austin roses in stock and will be getting more varieties within the coming weeks, so I plan on checking back frequently to see if they have something that will suit my needs. Otherwise, I might wait to order online later this year and delay planting by a year to get exactly what I want for the space. I'm definitely rethinking the arborvitaes too since it sounds like they'd crowd my roses too much, so may plant a hedge row of 4 or so rose shrubs instead to make sure they have enough space/light. Thanks again all for weighing in! I'm diving back into the rose research and reading up on the gorgeous types suggested here -- Cheers!
    ...See More
  • judithva
    17 years ago

Tam, Oh my gosh, I LOVE each and every one of those dishes you posted, I honestly would probably try to buy all of them, I love flower dishes. I am sobbing here that I do not have a Wegmans! If I thought they'd get here in one piece I'd have you send me all of them, but YOU know how it goes now with "breakables" in the mail! Oh, my tablesetting heart is broken...... I think I need a job transfer.... (I emailed Wegmans to see if they'd mail order them to me, they're probably never answer LOL)
    Thank you for posting the eye candy though!!!

Oh, I love doggie pics. Yachter, we had a shitzu when I was a kid. My sister has 2 of them right now, they are smart, they ring a hanging bell when they want to go out to the bathroom.
    Tam, I love your dogies too, I am sure Dakota is eternally "dog grateful" for being rescued. When I lived in NY my cockerspaniels paws would hurt too until the breader told me to always wash her "pads" because of the "salt" that they pic up on the sidewalks and roads (it irritates them)maybe that's it???

sandi, thank you, I'm already looking, its not easy though, the mags put "big" things in a lot of their table settings for "drama".
    luvs thanks too, I always worry that I don't get my point across well, I much more enjoy "talking" than writing LOL

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Judith,
    did you check here to see if there are any stores close to you??? They have a 'future' store link there too.
    http://www.wegmans.com/about/storeLocator/

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Tamgypsy, Your 2 babies are so cute. I have a lab mix, but have no idea what he's mixed with. I think it may be Rotti. He's 3 now and a big, big baby.

And do NOT feel bad because none of us have Wegner's. They are beautiful dishes and I have really enjoying looking at them. Over and over and over! LOL And I really do hope that you are able to get the pieces you want. None of our grocery stores, or at least the ones I go to, have dishes anymore. We recently got a Piggly Wiggly in our little town and a year or so ago they had some, but they were the cheap "fine china" like the groceries had years ago.

Judith, Love the "tablesetting heart" expression.

• judithva
    17 years ago

Tam, I checked your link.....the future and actual ones are WAY far from me. I don't think I can bribe my DD into taking me...Darn.... Life is so so cruel...LOL But keep posting pics though! I do love looking at them, I can still get ideas! But I tell you what, you may have to get an extra job with all those great dishes available to you LOL

sandi, my grocery stores has the same cheap "fine china" too, they need to take a "page out of" Wegmans "book".

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Tam, WHAT? Grocery store dishes? They look straight out of a fancy-smancy 'designer dish'(could there be such a thing?)catalog! Boo hoo hoo, I don't have a Wegmans in my area either~*sigh*~so will have to adjust to the pain of living without them. Judith on the other hand, could be on the brink! DD needs to take Mom on a road-trip!LOL Seriously, I really would LOVE to have at LEAST a 16 piece set, and in ANY of the colors available, but sometimes life just isn't that easy. Is Wegmans owned by a larger grocery chain such as Krogers, or goe by another name in other parts of the country? The chances are slim to none with a very SLIGHT possibility i'm sure, but like I always say, we can hope!

I haven't checked on the link for future stores, but will do, and say a little prayer as i'm doing so. LOL ;o)

patty_cakes

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

While up at DD's went to her BL store, and found the cutest yellow ceramic, Tulip salt/pepper shakers that sit in a little leaf~sold individually. They were at the front of the store on a sale table. For a buck each, I just had to have them, even though I don't own a single yellow dish!! Color me either confused or crazy, but for a buck, i'll resign myself to being both!LOL

Am still trying to make up my mind(do I have one anymore?LOL)as to the cabbage leaf or bunny plates. I NEED some 'greens'!LOL ;o)

patty_cakes

• judithva
    17 years ago

patty, if you MUST be practical LOL, then get the green cabbage leaf dishes, you can use them most times of the year. Any yes, you are so right, I am at the brink, I want any of those dishes Tam posted! I can just see me telling my DD to take me to Northern VA to buy dishes, she would have me committed (now if it was for a cool outfit or boots, she would understand LOL)

• tinam61
    17 years ago

I've been lurking here - I post a bit at the Home Decorating Forum - although I'm fairly new there. I read a thread that mentioned the holiday forum - so here I am! LOL

I love the doggy pictures (and of course the tablesettings)! I have a baby of my own - a little yorkiepoo.

I love using the potted plants as centerpieces as Judith suggested and ivy is a favorite of mine too - you can also add things in the pot - i.e. for easter, glass or plastic eggs, a tiny bunny peeping out, etc. For my breakfast nook table at Christmas I had a pot of red tulips wrapped in festive paper with a pretty bow - all I needed for a small table. I have seen potted plants such as bromeliad used in centerpieces - in fact Southern Living once had an article - they sat the potted plant into different containers - one was done for fall the other for Christmas. They used little gourds, pumpkins, etc. nestled around the plant for the fall centerpiece and then for Christmas they changed containers and had glass ornaments, bead garland, etc. - very pretty.

tina

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Yachter, your pups look like they are having a great time! Made me smile just seeing them romping in that fresh new snow! Aren't furbabies just the most wonderful thing?

And Tam, what a sweetheart you are to rescue Dakota--I know he will lavish you with love for giving him a good home. Bet he and Shiloh are best buddies--always nice for them to have companionship. Thanks to both of you for sharing your pics.

I hadn't looked at the whole flyer, just the dishes--so I just now went and checked out the whole flyer. What a nice store that is--even their flyer is pretty and interesting! Tam you are so lucky to have so many of them close by--I think. Sure would be hard to resist buying those beautiful dishes--would be hard to keep the "grocery" bill within budget.

Even if we don't have any stores here, I am so glad you posted those pics--they are great "eye candy" and inspiration.

Kathleen--your comment to Tam about eating broth to save money for dishes just cracked me up! LOL

Sandi, isn't it amazing how certain color combinations just make us feel so good even just "looking" at them. These all have such wonderful shapes--not like ordinary plates--that's very appealing too.

Judith, why am I not surprised that you have already contacted the store to see how you could get some of those dishes? ;o) Way to go!

Patty--did you want that prayer for a store to be coming or that it won't be coming--are you ready to just eat broth so you can buy them all too? Ha ha

Luvs

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Judith, I find it too hard to be practical LOL~DD's are constantly saying, 'Mom, you don't NEED it'! Since *when* is it about need? Your're right about the clothes, shoes, and boots, not to mention the fancy Victoria's Secret lingerie~such a waste of money!LOL But I think I would take the~*sigh*~pink dishes.

Tina, welcome to a great little group of women. I'm 'here' before I even make my morning coffee! As you can 'see' they have very 'discriminating taste' and a great sense of humor to boot. I love the idea of Tulips at Christmas! Southern Home is one of my favs! Love to look at the pictures, and occassionally I do read! LOL

Luvs, you crack me up!LOL Of course I want the store here, ASAP! I already have the bowl out!!!LOL LOL ;o)

patty_cakes

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Yep, followed Judith's request to purchase the dishes from Wegmans! Is that TOO 'nervy or WHAT?!

Judith, I hope they don't think they have a couple of crazy women on their hands.LOL

Tam, you have now become my friend!

Here's a copy of my letter:

First of all, let me say, CA NEEDS your stores! After reading your home page, I was very impressed by your stores and how informative you keep your customers~what wonderful customer service! And I thought it was a 'thing of the past'.

My 'real' reason for this email is a friend sent me pictures of your gorgeous floral dishware. I'm inquiring if it can be purchased thru a credit card from any of your stores, and shipped to me. If not, I can completely understand, as this is an unusual request.

Like I stated, i'm not fortunate to have a store even relatively close! Will be anxioulsy awaiting your reply.

Sincersly,

Should we take bets? ;o)

patty_cakes

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK...ask and you shall receive...LOL
    I stopped at Wegmans during lunch and got some pricing...right now they only have the valentines and poppy dishes...the others will come to the stores later this month or in March...
    From the picture I posted they did not have the bunny pitcher in the store...couldn't price that but they did have a poppy shaped serving bowl - 16.99, a 3-piece tray 14.99, sugar and creamer 11.99 this week on sale (reg. 14.99), Salt and pepper on saucer 7.99 this week on sale(reg. 9.99), small poppy shaped plate 4.99, Mug 6.99, 7" poppy shaped bowl 6.99, White with poppy design salad plates 6.99.
    Like I said doing a full set can get quite pricey...but maybe using the bowls or salad plates as accent pieces can have a major impact on a table setting as well without having to buy the whole collection...
    There was no manufacturer marked on the bottom of the dishes...there website states "Designed to complement our signature whiteware, these colorful, floral-themed accents will liven up your tabletop. Perfect for entertaining or adding a special touch to everyday meals. " I am wondering if these are exclusive to Wegmans...

• judithva
    17 years ago

tina, welcome (my spoiled one is a Yorkie) my grown DD is jealous of him, she will say "you let that dog do anything!" with a sneer in her voice...LOL I tell her to leave her step-brother alone, I love yanking on her chain, you know what they say about payback...

luvs, you so busted me...its bad when other people have you figured out (considering I'm still trying to figure ME out)lol

patty, I'm glad you emailed them maybe they will cave, your email was so much more professional sounding....
    I'm embarassed to say that I almost begged them....I said PLEASE twice (blush) if tears would have worked I'd have done that too. LOL I have no shame when it comes to getting pretty dishes....

tam, thanks for checking the prices, you are right you don't have to buy everything, just the flower bowl would add alot to a simple white set of dishes. But..........but....I want all of them, just because!

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Tam, you are so good to us, going out in the bitter cold to get us crazies here, prices. I figured you would have to snap them up, looks like they are going to feature a diff set, then move on. So buy those cans of broth one at a time so you can go back many times to get your dishes.
    I get impulsive, then talk myself out of it. All I have to do it go down in the basement and look at the "craptacular" array of bins, and I realize this has to stop. So I will look at yours and drool. I think I would be happy with service for 4 (well, maybe not happy!) and just invite 3 friends over for lunch to enjoy them . But now I see even that would add up quickly !
    Thank you for cheering us up with those pretty pics, looks like we all enjoyed them!

Tina, welcome. I was the one who posted on the entertainment forum to come over here for a look. I can't believe how dead that forum is! It should be lively with everyone sharing their party and entertaining idea so we can look! No one posts over there! Hope you like dishes, because we will be talking that till we get back to holiday decs, I think!
    And Judith, seeing your collection of goodies makes me think "practical" isn't part of your vocab. LOL! But I have friends who think I am nuts but they would match Imelda Marcus (remember her?) with the number of shoes and bags they have! You just keep those pics coming and if I ever learn to post a pic, I will show the mess in the basement to counteract, the "I want it!" We all have our weaknesses, I have too many...., dishes, glasses,ribbon, craft stuff and yds and yards of fabric for those home dec projs I never seem to get to!!! But I don't drink or smoke, so that should count for something. Don't call Dr. Phil on me or I will turn you all in too!
    Sandi, drive to NY for the dishes, now that is expecting too much from DH! But at least you could get good snacks for the trip while you were at Wegman's!LOL

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Tina, Welcome to the holiday forum and a great bunch of ladies. I've seen the potted plants done as you're talking about with the little holiday decos in them, usually on pics. Why I never thought about using one myself is a mystery to me. LOL Your potted tulips at Christmas sounds very pretty and simple at the same time. Just remember, we always love pictures anytime.

Patty_cakes, Your little tulip salt and peppers sound so pretty. Perfect for a spring table.

Luvs, Pink and/or yellow make me smile! Add them to the pretty dishes Tam posted and I'm doing a little happy dance. LOL

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Tam, Thank you for posting the prices. They are all so beautiful and if I lived near a Wegman's I would have a hard time choosing.

Kathleen_li, "craptacular" LOL That has to be an original word. I must remember to tell that to my son. He will love it. And tell me please WHY is driving to NY for dishes too much for DH? "I" would drive up there with him if HE wanted to buy the dishes! LOL

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Sandi, that's mighty big of you to drive with dh if he wanted to buy the dishes. Reminds me of how my dh says my gift is taking ME out to dinner, and my reply is, oh, you are not going to eat??

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

TAM, REALLY??????? Aren't you afraid we're all gonna take you up on that offer? You're going to become the queen of shipping, our own personal ebay without the bidding or pay pal. LOL

Could get a little pricey, but it depends on your priorities! I slack off on buying 'pricey' clothes these days, and have been known to stay in my jammies all day~jammies are cheap compared to suits or work clothes of any kind.LOL

I put the TJ 'bunny girls' up on the kitchen hutch today~I couldn't stand keeping them in a bag any longer! Besides, hutches and bunnies just sort of go together. Since I have pink dishes, and some white accessories worked in, they 'belong'. I had a couple of bunnies already that I had forgotten about~a frog is riding one and 'he' is the cutest thing. The other has flowers on 'her' and is actually one of those things you can put a candle under(what's that called?). Also have a copper bunny mold~I collect a 'bit' of copper,too. It's always bits, never over twelve of anything. LOL At least not yet!

Keep us posted on the dishes, Tam. ;o)

patty_cakes

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Patty, I forgot to respond re the dresser tray. One reason I gave it away as I got tired of dusting it every week, but if I still had it maybe I would use it on the table, although it wasn't as pretty as the one in the pic. Thanks for the tip though, I bet they do have a lot of them in thrift stores.
    And a ques???What does BL store mean??
    Thanks...

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

That's Big Lots, Kathleen. I don't know how far they go into the east coast, if at all. They're home base is Ohio, so they're all over the place in the midwest, but we have dozens in CA, also.

It's a discount store, but not the quality of things you might find at Tuesday Morning or even TJM. I'm very selective, and won't buy anything that's resin, so I can go several times and not buy a thing, but that's usually not the case.LOL For some reason they have a lot of Waverly products. I look for brand namdes, but usually they can't be found which makes me think most of the stuff is seconds. Towels, dishes, kitchen stuff~just about everything other discount stores have, and it might be flawed, but sometimes you can't find the flaw.

Did I leave out anything anyone? ;o)

patty_cakes

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Yes, we have Big Lots, not too many of them and not close to me I don't usually have it on my list, but if I am near one I sure will stop in after hearing things you ladies have found there.
    Thanks, I was running all the names of stores in my head and couldn't think of BL. We have Tues Morning, and once in a while I find a bargain, but those places you have to go often, and again it is not that close. I did get a very nice Batt Lace table cloth and naokins set in the 144 in size there, and it was a good price.

• kareen
    17 years ago

I have lived in NY most of my life but my first visit to Wegmans was last summer. There are no Wegmans close ...most are a couple hours away. I absolutely loved the store ...we had lunch there and I inadvertantly left my purse there. We called while on the road probably 2 hours away and explained the situation to the office. They were wonderful...at first a little reluctant to mail it to me due to the responsibility of it but did mail it intact with nothing missing . I was so impressed with the store and its employees.....maybe if you talk to someone you will get the dishes ....I would love them too .... those pink lotus bowls are awesome.( I did suggest to DH that we take a ride) Kareen

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Welcome, Kareen I don't think I've chatted with you before. Hope you like dishes, we do a lot of talking and wishing here.
    Only a few hours to Wegman's , Kareen????, get in that car and go! Poor Tam went out in a blizzard at lunch time just to get us the prices, you can surely drive a few hours for the dishes, just say you are going out for milk and you'll be back in a bit!LOL
    That was a nice story about the store, there are still good folks out there, they just don't make the news!

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Kareen, Welcome to the group. We have a lot of fun and share a lot of ideas. I agree with Kathleen_li, go get milk. LOL And it is nice to hear about people doing good deeds.

• yachter123
    17 years ago

Tam, love your dogs, my son had a shepard mix dog that was his best buddy and it looked very similar to yours.

Judith, I agree, the Shih Tzus are very intelligent dogs, I've bred poodles in the past & find the Shih Tzus to be one of the best breeds I've dealt with. I know mine don't have a mean bone in their body, they love everyone. I have two females for breeding & one male. Also have an old gal, a cocker spaniel, she's just our pet & she is one well behaved gal!

Welcome Tina & Kareen, glad to see so many people joining all of us here, I'm fairly a newbie here myself.

Those dishes from Wegmans are adorable & now I am dreaming of more yellow dishes.

Patty, you bought those yellow tulip salt & pepper shakers, cause you now have "yellow" on the mind from this forum! LOL

Hope I didn't miss answering anyone, you ladies are sure good at that & I have to keep going back to see if I missed anyone who spoke to me! Geez!!!

Nothing new to report in the shopping arena here, still haven't gotten out. I pick up my grandson from school everyday & it breaks up my day too early & I can't get much "goody hunting" underway during the week, maybe this weekend!!!!

Happy hunting, ladies!

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

yachter ...you are doing great keeping up with everyone...I am on the other hand seem to have a hell of a time responding to everyones posts...LOL
    My new mission in life is to find different broth recipes...LOL...thanks for the idea kathleen...lol
    Have to be creative in order to avoid the family to catch on..you know you got it bad when you are 'sneaking' things into the house and hide them just so you can say a couple weeks later when those bargains are discovered..."Oh,...I bought those a while ago"...lol
    Welcome kareen...you are right Wegmans are very nice stores...they make grocery and of course dish shopping a pleasure...great customer service...beautifully set up stores and great products...I have lived in different areas all over the states and this is the best I have seen...

oh before I forget...welcome tina...:)

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Here's my idea. We tell our husbands that BROTH has been determined to be the very best health aid for men. It restores all of their hair, builds up muscles, and is an automatic tummy tuck without having to diet or exercise. And the best part is...(straight from the doctors' mouths), "Broth, when served on pretty dishes of the ladies' choice, is most effective" And we all have Kathleen to thank for the wonderful idea of broth.

I don't understand the comment about sneaking things into the house and hiding them. Is that what I'm doing when I wait until DH is asleep and put everything in the guest closet? And here I thought I was just being a loving wife & protecting his health!

• kareen
    17 years ago

Thanks for the welcome everyone , I love how friendly and fun this board is and I will enjoy getting to know you and your taste in dishes and holiday decor . I have been on here about a week after reading about it on the home dec board. I do love dishes and decorating in general .Kareen

• dreamgoddess
    17 years ago

I love the pink...is that the poppies? I'm anxious to see if Judith and patty_cakes get a reply. I wouldn't mind trying for a set of these myself.

• judithva
    17 years ago

dreemgoddess
    The "bums" haven't sent me an email back yet, perhaps I should have said 5 Pleases...LOL

I mean who gets this excited over a grocery store? Why, oh why, do they get the only pretty "grocery store" dishes ? I think I am going to have to email their competitors and tell them to get on the bandwagon!

kareen, welcome! we do have fun here, with the dishes, accessories, decor and the joking!

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Morning ladies, went to my email this morning to find Macy's is having a home sale with FREE shipping if you spend $125 or more. You don't have to spend it all on dishes, get a warm 'blankie' too!

Here's a set that has the same shape bowls~I don't know if ther're the lotus shape flower~tons of others too, and you can buy piecemeal.

And just think, you don't have to go out in the cold!!;o)

Here's the website:

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=182330&CategoryID=22899

patty_cakes

• judithva
    17 years ago

patty, thanks for the link, they do offer the "flower" accent plate, but they don't offer the flower shaped bowl, They offer a bowl, but when you click on the pic, it is not the "flower shaped" bowl. Sobbing here, I would have bought the plate and the bowl!

So close, but yet so far...I wanted both (whine)

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Good morning everyone,

I have read all the other threads, but it is getting too confusing jumping back and forth to comment. It is nice to see some new names here, I will have to add more pages to my book, where I take notes to keep everyone and their purchases straight!!

I think liking to set a nice table and having accessories is sign of love of family and home. We all can't have Rosenthal and Baccarat, but we can make what we have lovlier with the tips we are learning from one another. We all worry about our addiction, but it could be worse and nice things passed down is better than shoes and bags discarded! Now for those of you who are multi-addicted, well there are groups for that!!

Tam, I think your effort to have everyone sit down at the table for dinner, or breakfast or anything is admirable. I came from a family where that was the norm, table always set for meals, and I continued that with my family. I can't say it was picture perfect, but it was a time to make connection with family .As the youngest of 4 girls it was also a time for some lively arguments, but only when dad had to work late, because when he was there there was no nonsense!! Even if you manage to pull it off a few times a week, which I know in these times is hard with jobs, and sports and everyone running in diff directions, it is worth the effort.. So keep at it!

Judith, I was always amazed that my mom, a widow at 49, still set the table for herself and prepared a healthy meal. I know cooking for one is a drag, much easier to open a can of tuna fish or get fast food, but as you said, you did it for others, why not for yourself?? And you have so many beaut things to surround yourself with, I am glad you are enjoying them, even when alone.

Dreamg, you won't go broke, we are learning to use what we have and just add access!! And when the money gets tight, that's when you have a yard sale, and someone can post here what great goodies they bought.

Sandi, what a wonderful way to think of sneaking goodies into the house, "protecting" dh's health! Does that mean preventing them from having a heart attack when they see how much we bought!! And yes, I have used the "I have had that for years" thing, and many times it is true, as we are all learning to use things in a diff way. (a dog as a bracelet, Judith, LOL!)
    Sorry if this is longer, but easier than posting on all diff threads for my brain.
    Thanks to all of you for some informative posts, and some hardy laughs!

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

I know there are Ikea's all over the country and most think of them for inexp furn, but I was looking at the catalog and they had some pretty glasses, short stem, in pink and green ,and white bowls for 49 cents. and they do ship.

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Judith, I didn't click on the picture~waaaaaaa! When I was in the store I wasn't looking lor flower bowls, and with all the dishware, could have missed them. I have a Macy's Homestore that has a fairly extensive selection, so will go back and look when my mouth is feeling better.

Kathleen, I agree and that's what i've been doing. Only thing is, sometimes people don't read the entire post and miss the might miss the point trying to be made. Please, please read the entire post???(begging)

Kathleen, you're right about Ikea too, and their stuff is very inexpensive. Thanks for the heads up! ;o)

patty_cakes

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Here's a copy of he very nice letter they sent me...

We received your e-mail asking to order floral dishes. Unfortunately, we do not
    offer a mail order service. In recent years, we have tried to fill orders like
    yours on an individual basis, but it was always very cumbersome to handle and
    some orders were impossible to fill. As such, we are no longer able to provide
    this service. You can order select 'gifts' through our web site at
    https://www.wegmans.com/ocs/street_shops.asp or by calling our Gift and Party
    Center at 1-800-914-GIFT.

We are sorry that we can't help you out this time, but we do appreciate hearing
    from you.

Kim
    Wegmans Consumer Affairs Department

Color me sad, ;o(

patty_cakes

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Patty, I read them ALL, just can't remember who said what, and on which thread!!!
    I wouldnt miss reading all the comments, and I love any bargains sent along too!
    As for Wegman's at least you got a response. I am glad for that. Sometimes you never get a ques answered, at least they have a live person responding!

• luvstocraft
    17 years ago

Patty, I am impressed that you even got an answer--seems like a very customer friendly store. Sure wish we had them out here--and not just for the dishes.

Kathleen, it can be cofusing--especially since we have at least three or four great posts active every day! Yahoo! I've had to reread a few times to find out where I have told someone I would do something. Today, I just started a new post for my furbabies and new bunny--easier than looking for the old posts on the topic. LOL

Sandi, That is why I am always glad if DH isn't home when I get home from a shopping expedition--wouldn't want to give him a heart attack when he sees all those bags! Ha ha (If he is home, I just leave them in the car until he gets busy on his computer or goes to bed too!) ;o)

Luvs

• judithva
    17 years ago

Patty, Oh, my goodness I got a completely different answer from Wegmans TODAY on my email. It appears that it depends on which Service Rep. you "get" here is mine:

Hi Judy!

We received your e-mail asking about the availability of the Springtime dinnerware featured at www.wegmans.com. I believe you are interested in Sun Blossom. This pattern is also available in green, pink and purple. We do have one store that provides mail order of items, if the items are available in their store. They would be able to take your order and ship the items to you. You can contact our Complements Department at our Pittsford, NY store. The number to reach them is 585-586-6680, x-126.

Wow, how about that!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to share your request with us. We value you as a customer and hope to continue serving you in the future.

Barb Figenscher
    Consumer Services Specialist
    Wegmans Food Markets

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

Judith, *that* is amazing! Either Kim in Consumer Affairs know nothing of this store whereas Barb, in Special Services knows what's going on within ALL the different stores, and not ALL are created equal. Needless to say, Kim will be getting another email form me and I will inform her of her 'error'. 'Guessing' is not a part of good customer service, and that's what she might have been doing.

Meanwhile I found something cute at sears 4@39.
    Here's the site:
    http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=HSWR&pid=02499030000&cat=Dishes%2C+Linens+%26+Tableware&subcat=Dinnerware

On the next page you'll see another bowl in a deeper red with pointy petals, which I thought was prettier.

Now i'm off to type a letter...............;o)

patty_cakes

• judithva
    17 years ago

Patty, those aren't bad either, we do have a Sears here, but I haven't been there in a long time. I'll have to check it out.

I'm glad you are sending the Customer Svc people a letter about the Wegmans dishes.

Patty, just checked your second link, I think I am going to go broke, I love the pink dishes too, Oh, the pain......
    The white are very nice too, they go with anything and have that nice "style" to them. Oh, darn...nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Let's see, white, pink or brown, this is just plain cruel...

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Patty_cakes, I love all of them, but especially the sets from Penneys. Thanks for posting them.

• patty_cakes
    17 years ago

I'm doing my best, Judith. LOL LOL

I was in my Sears at Christmas and was very surprised. I'm not 'persnikkity' when it come to shopping.LOL ;i)

patty_cakes

• tamgypsy
    Original Author
    17 years ago

:::::jumpin up and down::::::::...oooh...I want the brown dishes...darn it I don't need all of them ...just the bowls and salad plates...........
    ok...i better sit down...i am getting dizzy...uhhh.....self control is a horrible thing....I don't need more dishes right now...not right now...not now....but ...but ...but ...what if I can't find them later on....ooooooohhhhh this is torture...LOL

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

WOW, I went out for lunch with friends today and looked what I missed! Besides Patty's free ship code see the 20% off code for JCP.

• Sandi_W
    17 years ago

Tamgypsy, You know you want the brown dishes. Free shipping and possibly 20% off. Now's the time girl! ;~)

Kathleen_li, Thanks for posting the 20% off code. Hope you had a nice lunch today.

• kathleen_li
    17 years ago

Yes,Sandi, it was nice, just a little place in town. My friend had a martini, plain old, not even big and it was 10 dollars. I would have choked! Since I don't drink, I told dh I have saved so much money over the years I never want to hear a word about my little purchases!! I told them about this forum and they think I am nuts, but they are both shoe people!!!

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022
More Discussions