SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
philwojo

Help/Feedback on Appliance Choices for a kitchem remodel

philwojo
12 years ago

Hello, this is my first post on here and I have been reading a lot lately. My wife and I are in the very beginning stages of a full kitchen remodel on our townhouse.

We have some ideas of our own and are in the process of finding a good local kitchen designer (West burbs of Chicago). We have been going to local show rooms to get ideas of what we like and don't like for appliances. So far we have made the following decisions, but I would like to get some feedback from the very knowledgeable people on this forum.

Cooktop/Range top: We are leaning toward either the Wolf cooktop (model # CT36GS) or something from Bluestar, either a Rangetop or Cooktop. Honestly probably leaning toward the Bluestar myself, not sure if the wife is leaning either way.

Wall Oven/Micro Combo: We liked the look of the KA (don't know model number) we saw in a showroom until we found out they were one complete unit. So, if something goes bad on either one you have to replace/repair both. After that we are now looking at the Thermador oven/micro combo, though we are really open on this selection. Right now we like this one (model # MEMC301ES). We like the idea of the convection/micro model, but don't know much about them to be honest.

Fridge/Freezer: Right now we really like the SZ stuff, but are really leaning more toward a Liebherr. We are looking at the HRB 1110 (24" fridge only) and the mated freezer also 24" (model # HF 851). We love the look of the SZ stuff, but not sure if we can fit that in to the budget. I personally do want a 2 compressor system and think we have narrowed it down to these.

We have not even looked at hoods yet, so I still need to do research on those, but we are open to suggestions.

DW: we are looking at the Miele line, but nothing specific. I like the upper flatware tray and the wife likes the overall look. I have read good reviews of most of the line on this site and others, but again open to suggestions.

We are looking for feedback on our choices so far, and we are really looking to real world type experience with any of these units. Also, if you have other suggestions for us on any of the appliances, things to look for or stay away from that is what we want.

Our wants/needs:

- There is just the 2 of us.

- We cook but neither of us are "cooks" We like to experiment in the kitchen, but have a picky palate. We also both love to bake, but my wife is much better at that than I am.

- Mid to high end appliances that will last us for a good long time, we don't plan on moving for at least 5 years probably more like 10.

- We like to really use or stuff, not just have it there for show.

- We like good looks.

- Want a 2 compressor fridge/freezer setup

- Like the look of stainless, but probably will have at least the fridge/freeze with panels on it, maybe also the DW.

Please feel free to post your thoughts on our lineup so far, and ask me anything else you need for clarification.

Thanks,

Phil

Comments (5)