SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

I Give Up!! (More Pics)

lynninnewmexico
15 years ago

. . . at least for the time being! If you've been following my pinecone dish saga, you know that I've been searching for some coordinating salad plates to use with them. Yesterday, before I needed to meet my bestfriend in town for lunch, I took back the giant-but-so-nice green salad plates I'd bought at Ross'. I had a few minutes, so I popped into Marshals to see what they had. They just happened to have the salad or b&b plates I'd seen on line. They were the right size and price ($3.99 each) so I bought six of them. Back at home yesterday late-aftenoon I tried them together. Yuk!!! They look terrible together . . . what was I thinking?!?

I give up! Whites in plates vary so much. The flowered plates were TOO BUSY and the wrong shade of brown anyhoo, but their background is a rather stark white. The pinecone plates background is a creamy white.

{{gwi:1408858}}

Sooooo, perhaps for now I'll use them with my square green dinner plates from another set. The square ones look like a charger here . . . or you can even argue that the 50+-year old pinecone plates are small enough to act as salad plates. I don't know. What do you think? I do know that the placemat I used here does NOT look good with the green plates, though!

{{gwi:1408859}}

But, on the bright side, Marshalls now has the transferware I'm collecting (they also have some great blue & white pieces) and I bought two more of the same dinner plates and four of these bowls for only $1.99 each. They look great with the rest of my transferware pieces . . . thank goodness!

{{gwi:1408860}}

But, I do think that for now I'm going to stop my search for salad plates to go with my pinecone set. I may find the perfect ones someday, but I'm not actively searching anymore. Do you ever hit walls like this?

Lynn

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions