SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jsceva

Q re Freezer Drawer Integration; Antss can you help?

jsceva
13 years ago

I am looking at options for freezer drawers...which are pretty limited. Would prefer all-freezer, but may be able to live with a combo unit. Presence/absence of icemaker is not an important factor.

My question is related to integration, and its for everyone but especially for Antss. Antss, I have read your past posts about refrigerator integration and how only subzero and BSH (and maybe GE Monogram now, though I haven't seen it in person to verfify?) are actually fully integrated, so not even a grill shows in the toekick. I totally understand your point, and this is actually a very important issue for us; we are probably using a 24" Thermador or Gaggenau refrigerator column for this very reason. I do not want to be able to tell there is a drawer there, at all, if possible. It's bad enough I will have to allow for a toekick in the area and camo it somehow, as we are hoping to do a full furniture style plinth elsewhere, but that is a separate issue.

Anyway, my question is whether there is any "true integration" option for drawers other than subzero? I think it is my only option, but want to make sure I haven't missed anything. I would really prefer to use something else, hate how shallow the bottom drawer is on the subzero's, and not enamored of their interior (lusting after Perlick's stainless steel...), but if it is the only option it is the only option.

Thanks in advance to everybody....

ps - before someone suggests it, we simply don't have space for a 36" fridge/freezer or a separate freezer column (even an 18" wide one). I wish we did, but we don't.

Our backup plan, if the drawers don't work out, is the 30" Miele bottom freezer model. That is still wider than I originally hoped, but it is doable. I really, really, really wish Thermador or Gaggenau would import this same size for us in NA. I am apparently the only person on the planet who isn't in love with the look of the Miele interior. Like the lights, but it is just so....white.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths