SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

the Discouraged Decorator.....Me!

Purplemoon
13 years ago

I usually have plenty of enthusiasm for my decorating, but right now I'm thinking Valentine's might get dumped. ;o( I was over a week later than planned getting my Christmas decor down and packed. And I've managed a little bit..very little...of winter decor, ONLY because I really wanted to get my cardinals out since they missed Christmas this year. But now Valentines is just around the corner and I don't know if I should forget it and leave my winter stuff out thru Feb. Its not like there's much to pack away, but my frame of mind more suits winter than Valentines.

I'm hoping once you guys start decorating for V., and by browsing our Val inspiration album some (link attached by the way in case you want to also) I'll get some spirit back to pull out the pink 'n red.

Since I haven't gotten out to go anywhere since early Dec, not even GW which is very close to my house,

I indulged myself and did a bit of online shopping. I looked thru antique and vintage things on Etsy.com and found this unique rabbit candle holder. I paid too much, but I really wanted him!!

{{gwi:1406612}}

Then shopgoodwill.com had this lovely porcelain Nativity set that grabbed me. Such beautiful colors, and well done I thought. It is a 10 pc. set. I took two close-up photos for you to see the detail of some of it. I was the only bidder, so got it for $7. Shipping was high, but its a good-sized set and weighed a lot. Plus they bubble-wrapped the heck out of it for safety.

{{gwi:1406614}}

{{gwi:1406616}}

Anyway, since I saved so much money not getting out to the stores like Michaels, Home Goods, and Hobby Lobby for the big holiday months....I decided it wouldn't hurt to spoil myself on two things I really wanted.

This week has really been a long one, with STILL trying to get the paperwork from all the doctors in order for Dad to go into the care place. He SHOULD have been admitted a week ago, and I was so sure he'd have gotten in this past week!! At least a home nurse comes twice a week to tend his (feet) bedsores, but that's just not enough.

I'm so exhausted mentally, and physically, I can't do this much longer with him needing constant care. I hate feeling this way! I WANT to be able to take care of him.

I probably shouldn't be whining hto y'all about things! My best friend of TEN yrs just recently dumped me over this! She said " I have too many problems, that I don't listen to her advice, I don't DO anything to help myself, and I just enjoy being miserable". And also said I think "the world revolves around just me".

Whew....ok. I never saw this coming! Her advice generally didn't work for my problems, and I would always explain why, but it irritated her anyway. We've always talked about EVERY thing, and she has a LOT of problems herself that I never minded listening to. (Strange as it sounds, I've been her only friend, as she chooses to live a pretty isolated life.) We were so close, for so long, and seemed like twins most of the time in things. We were sisters of the heart, "family" to one another. So this was a bit of shock that I suddenly don't have my best and dearest friend in my life any longer.

Not " feeling the love" of Valentines right now. LOL.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: our Valentine inspiration album

Comments (22)

Sponsored
More Discussions