SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m5askqu5_gw

Morton Home / Pole Building Home / Barndominium

m5askqu5
10 years ago

Not sure what to call the house, I've read so many different names for them. But basically, we're looking at building a Morton building home. We'd like input, this is a drawing I came up with, so I understand it might be a bit off on measurements (I had started messing with the depth- 36' or 40', can't decide). Layout work? We've never built. From reading a lot of forums, I'm hoping we can be under $75/sq ft. We don't need granite, nothing fancy. But don't want to skimp on things like doors, windows, cabinets. Is this do-able? Thoughts? I was thinking a 10' ceiling (minimum) on the main level. Is there room for rooms in a loft with that? At first I had the loft bath in between the beds, wasn't sure that would allow enough space for decent bedrooms. Thinking teenagers in a few years. Bi-level roof with two cupolas on each side of the roof (because of the bedroom on the back side). Any help or opinions is appreciated. I'll link what we're hoping the end result to look like...something similar.

Here's a few things about us that might help understand our layout and what we're needing:
�four kids (young- three girls, one boy)
�looking for something we can grow old in (one level for master bed/bath/laundry, etc)
�live in KS (tornadoes!)
�would like walkout basement, but guessing it's cheaper to build rooms in the existing loft area (utilize the space) and put home on slab.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (7)