SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ionized_gw

Kohler Champlain

ionized_gw
14 years ago

I recently bought a house with a yellow or gold (think harvest gold) Kohler Champlain toilet. The seat is broken, but usable for now. (One side has broken plastic around the hinge pivot.) It is probably an aftermarket replacement seat. For the uninitiated, this is a low form toilet. It has a special seat that bolts thorough into the tank.

It looks like the OE seats are not available from Kohler and getting a seat will be expensive by my standards. It looks like the ballcock/flush valve in the tank are probably specialized and going to be costly if I need one. Right now there are prices on eBay of $275 for aftermarket seats and about $400 for the valves. If anyone knows better about the replacement parts, please correct me. I am a bit fearful of touching the nuts that attach the seat because they look quite corroded.

I donÂt really care for the toilet. The rest of the bathroom is pretty serviceable and does not need renovation. A white toilet will not, however, look very nice, as there is nothing white in the bathroom. I do not think I will find a new gold toilet to replace it.

I appear to be stuck between the horns of a dilemma. Can anyone help me out of this mess? Have I overlooked something? Are there new, inexpensive gold toilets on the market?

I guess I will also have to accept advice such as, "suck it up and spend the $275 for a seat, you cheapskate".

Comments (2)

• dchall_san_antonio
    14 years ago

Or you could remodel all the fixtures so white will fit. Maybe paint some white accent?

• ionized_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Aside from the toilet seat, with some caulking and grouting, the bathroom will look great. It would be a real waste of time and money. Renovation is not going to be my hobby.