SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rqhome

Dacor Rangetop Help/Advice

rqhome
10 years ago

I have spent days reading reviews on GW and love this site - it has helped me tremendously. I'm a first time poster and am hoping to get some more help.

For a litte history, I have a double wall oven and enough space for either a 30" or 36" rangetop. I have read about Dacor, CC, BS and various other models, but few people seem to have just a rangetop. I'm not interested in Wolf, Viking or any "high end" brands. I want a good value for the money, asthetically pleasing, reliable and the ability to simmer (preferrably without a diffuser).

Due to local code enforcement on MUA for hoods higher than 400 cfm, budget constraints and no real need for an oven, I would really like to hear from anyone that has the Dacor DRT366 rangetop or another sealed burner rangetop like the Kitchenaid KGCU467VSS. CC, BS would be a great to have, but I just can't justify the cost to put in an MUA unit to have one. The Dacor manual for the DRT366 doesn't list a recommended cfm so my inspector will let my unit stay, so I am interested in knowing if anyone has this model or a similar unit - performance for both searing/simmering, longevity, repair history, etc.

In addition, from a safety perspective, it's dangerous to have such high cfm's in newer, more sealed homes like mine. With all the new energy saving codes, houses are more tight. One site said, "ASHRAE's residential ventilation standard, ASHRAE 62.2, limits exhaust fans to a maximum of 15 cfm per 100 square feet of occupiable space, unless a backdrafting test is performed. According to this standard, the smallest home in which a 1,200-cfm range hood could be installed without verifying makeup air needs would be one measuring 8,000 square feet � a very large McMansion indeed." Using this formula, I shouldn't have a cfm higher than 600, but am trying to stick with my 400 cfm unit.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Photos would be great too - I haven't seen anything but the KitchenAid in person.

Comments (8)