SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fausonk

can tiles be pulled up after they're set?

fausonk
16 years ago

I know this is probably a stupid question. I'm just hoping that maybe there is a miracle out there. Our contractor set our tiles in our bathroom. Two problems... 1) we have black and white tiles, and the batch of black tumbled marble tiles was damaged. Every tile was cracked, had divits and chips in it (the white were fine). The general saw that, and told the installer to only use any of the black ones that were good, and put the bad ones aside so that we could return them to the store and exchange them for undamaged tiles. I went up today and the installer installed all of the tiles-- bad ones and all. He said he thought that was part of the "decoration" of the tile! What an idiot! So, they're all laid down and need to be ripped out. I don't care if those are ruined in the process.

However, 2) the tiles were not laid on a proper reference line and are all cockeyed in the room. So I don't care about the black ones being ruined when pulled up, since we need new ones of those anyway. But is there any chance the white tumbled marble tiles can be pulled up successfully without damaging them so they can be reset straight in the room?

K

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!