SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dining_delight

Forgotten Table Setting

dining_delight
15 years ago

I was going through some of my pics from before Christmas and realized I had forgotten to post this tablescape. It was a dinner DH prepared for my parents and me in early Nov. (I got to "play" setting the table while he cooked!) He made a delicious steak and crab meal with baked potatoes, carrots, asparagus and Ceasar salad finishing up with a slice of choc cake for dessert (he got that out of the freezer from one I had made). It was a real treat to be a "guest" in my own home in front of a cozy fire!

I had to create a smaller centerpiece on the round table so used my Trio of glass vases with inserts. I put faux burgundy roses in the bottom of each and glass beads and votives in the inserts at top. Then put a couple of my gold glitter grape stems beside them.

DH and I quite often have romantic meals in front of the fire (not too many flames showing in pic, looks better in real life!) but this time, it was fun to invite my parents and let them enjoy the warmth and glow as well as DH's tasty food! Wish I had taken a pic of it!

I always use these gold vinyl placemats (I cut them in half)along side the plates when we have the seafood butter dishes (or for fondues)as there is always drips and they protect the linens yet are easy to wipe off. The shell shaped side dish is for discarded seafood shells.

Thanks for looking!

DD

Comments (18)

Sponsored
More Discussions