SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
karin_2015

Need advice: Do I have any recourse for Sear's screw-up??

karin_2015
14 years ago

Hello-

I'm looking for some advice here regarding the fact that Sears sold the dishwasher I bought and paid for without my knowledge. I'm curious if anyone knows what I can reasonably demand from Sears to fix this situation.

Here's the details:

In Oct 09, I purchased a Kenmore Elite SS dishwasher model #13153. It was a floor model with a dent on it so while this model typically sells for about $1300, I got it on clearance for $458.00. I also bought a new refrigerator at the same time.

Well after our kitchen remodel took longer than expected, (I called about 3 times to delay the delivery), I finally scheduled the delivery for last Saturday 2/6. Well they brought my fridge but said they didnt have the dishwasher on the truck....long story short, I called Sears spoke with a manager today who told me that Sears couldnt deliver to my zip code (and he followed this up with , "oh no one called you to tell you that?") and so they cancelled my order. My credit card was never credited, I never received a phone call or any other notice about this.

In the meantime, I paid off the price of the dishwasher from my Sears card. So the manager offered to credit my account back, essentially returning the dishwasher. But I dont want that! I want THAT dishwasher at the price I paid!

Now the model is discontinued. I checked with my local Sears store tonight and they said they may have some still floating around but they can't locate exactly where.

The manager is supposed to call me tomorrow to "see what he can do." Is it fair to ask them to track down an undented model of the dishwasher and give it to me? Do I demand a replacement of the newest equivalent of that model? What if they tell me, 'here's your money back now get lost!' I cant find another dishwasher at the top of the line for the middle of the line price I paid.

Advice???

Thanks in advance.

Karin

Comments (11)