SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maggiepie11_gw

laws/rules about builder taking photos of our custom home

maggiepie11
10 years ago

so things have gotten very sour with our builder in the past few weeks. things were going great, and suddenly our construction manager walked away after getting an ultimatum by our builder and we don't like the new construction manager at all. plus, we keep getting bad news after bad news, all delivered by this new guy we don't like which makes it worse.

up until recently i was looking forward to helping them out in any way that i could in terms of being a positive reference, giving a testimonial, allowing photos of our extremely custom home to be used on their website or on houzz as our builder has started posting their work on houzz. like truly looking forward to going above and beyond to help them. and in their words we've been a one in a million client and they've never worked with anyone who made it easier on them or who was more prepared and buttoned up.

however, now that things are sour i just want this to be done and i don't want them to continue to benefit from their work on our home. my realtor says it's customary for builders to photograph their projects and use it to market their business. i'm wondering if any of you know otherwise. our contract makes no reference to the use of photographs for marketing purposes.

thanks!

Comments (8)