SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kfhl

Lend me your expertise! Floorplan feedback needed.

kfhl
12 years ago

Hi,

I am just another newbie/ long time lurker looking for your help. I am constantly amazed by all of the fabulous ideas and great feedback I see on the GW. My husband is now refering to me as a GW addict as he is a contractor and I am constantly saying, "Well, I saw this post on Gw and ..." Anyway, I would love your comments, criticisms and ideas.

We are just about to break ground on our forever home. We have 5 1/2 acres in SW Florida - mostly wooded. About the family - we have three children ages 11(girl), 9 (boy), and 2 1/2 (girl), but we are foster parents so we usually have one additonal child and may choose to add to our family permanently at some point. We usually only have about 2 hours notice when we have someone joining the family so it will great to have an extra bedroom.

At the moment, my main concern is an upstairs bathroom. Originally each of the 3 bedrooms had their own bath, but since the study may be used as a guest bedroom we decided to change one to a hall bath. The architect misunderstood and changed it to a jack and jill - which I don't like. The space is about 11'6" x 8'4". I have a few rough sketches and I would love to know what you think is best. Any feedback about the rest of the house is welcome. I posted a while back, but life got a bit crazy and our house plans were delayed. Now we are back on track and ready to get started. Thanks!

Comments (13)