SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alicia58801

Laundry/Mudroom Layout

alicia58801
15 years ago

Hello all! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out a better layout for my back entry which has several functions--mudroom, laundry room, and pantry. This space will be carved from a corner of the garage, so all walls/doors/window are currently moveable, although outer dimensions can't become much larger. This is what I want from this space:

Mudroom--I have two kids, will have a dog or two (when we move in) and a husband that hunts, fishes, and gets very dirty. So this area needs to have at least a bench, coat hooks, cubbies, and shelves. There is a closet currently, but I'm thinking about taking that out in favor of more bench and open storage room. We will have plenty of room in the basement to store off-season coats, etc.

Laundry--The current layout doesn't really work in my mind. I would like space for storage for laundry products, as well as a place to hang wet clothes. More counter space would be good also. Not sure yet about the sink, as we may put a utility sink in the garage instead.

Pantry--This pantry will be used for storage of rarely used kitchen appliances, overstock of canned goods, etc. and storage of cleaning products and vacuum. Not sure if it needs to be as big as it currently is.

Half bath? I've heard many people say that this is a must in the mudroom. Not sure if we'll use it enough to justify making the room for it. Any thoughts?

I know there are many on this forum that are experts in layout and design. I would truly appreciate any advice and wisdom that you might be willing to share! Thanks!

FYI: 2 squares = 1 ft. (For some reason, I could not get it to appear any smaller!)

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (9)