SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flseadog

Lower Intestines

flseadog
16 years ago

My current house has 3 Orion brand toilets that are probably original to the house built in 1954. Over the past 20 years I have cleaned them too many times to think seriously about but it has been an easy job, not just the insides but toilet training splashes and all that goes with bringing up children. As I'm now going to be buying new toilets for the first time in my life I have entered into serious considerations of cleanability and flushing and many issues that have never crossed my mind before. For those who haven't had a good laugh recently I highly recommend that you do a search on the elongated toilet bowl.

Two quesstions for toilet pros:

1. What's with the squiggles that look like lower intestines on both Kohler and American Standard brand toilets? At the base of these toilets, above the flange where the bolts go into the floor, it seems that all the website pictures show this "design" that just looks like a dirt and splash catcher to me. Has anyone else noticed this or do I just have a too vivid imagination?

2. If you had to pick between fairly comparable Kohler and American Standard products which one would you give the edge and why?

Comments (7)