SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dryslick

Vent-a-Hood Nouveau or Zephyr Tempest II

dryslick
12 years ago

WeâÂÂre looking seriously at the Vent-a-Hood Nouveau or Zephyr Tempest II. Does anyone have any thoughts on the units? Are both of them quality units and quiet or should we stay away from them and look for something else?

Many forum users seem to like Modern-Aire or Kobe but none of our local dealers seem to have much experience with them (in MD / metro-DC area). We also like the look of the Broan Elite E6036SS. We havenâÂÂt seen it but we wonder if it works well given it is much cheaper than the other brands.

WeâÂÂre remodeling and looking at 36â hoods over a 30â range top. We plan to vent through the roof of a bump out using a 600 cfm internal blower.

We definitely like the rounded look of the VAH Nouveau but it is more expensive and IâÂÂm not excited about cleaning given what IâÂÂm reading on this forum. It sounds like the VAHs are quiet at higher speeds.

We donâÂÂt like the look of the Zephyr quite as much as the VAH (but it is a similar shape). The Zephyr is cheaper and it seems like it would be easier to clean. The salesmen from the different stores say Zephyr makes quality units but I havenâÂÂt seen many reviews.

We plan to go back to the stores this week to look at their features in detail but I wanted to post this first since I didnâÂÂt see many hits on either of these units in the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (8)