SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

xpost - need help identifying antique table- pic heavy

DLM2000-GW
10 years ago

I'll post this on the decorating forum also.

I purchased this table almost 20 years ago from a friend. She was divorcing, moving out of state and needed money which means I overpaid but would have just given her the money anyway. Her father worked for an oil co and they had lived all over the world while she was growing up - this table was purchased in England. And that's the sum total either one of us know about it She doesn't want it back. I am getting ready to downsize and don't see it in my future home.

So the questions are, other than it's beautiful ;-) what can you tell me about this? Approx. age? Name for particular table or use? Guestimates on realistic selling price and/or venue? I appreciate any information.

I expect some of you to say I'm nuts for getting rid of it but I've thought about this a lot and there's just a limit to what I can have/keep in my life. This is not a piece from my family so has no special meaning in that way. For my friend, it was just one of many purchases during her family travels and she has kept the ones that hold the most meaning for her.

Pictures with enough detail to hopefully help with identification. Dimensions are 28"w x 17"d x 30"h

Close up of section where inlay lifted (long before I got it) and you can see some kind of paper beneath.

Underneath the top

Underneath the bottom

Close up of pegs or dowels

Comments (8)