SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjaero19473

Exterior Shutters

rjaero19473
14 years ago

My wife and I are building a house in Huntsville Alabama and need recommendations for what type of shutters we should buy for the exterior of the house. We need 11 pairs of shutters, with most of the shutters being 62" in length. The front of the house faces west, so the shutters will only see exposure during the latter part of the day. We are concerned with having a nice architectural look on the front of the house, and plan to use either Marvin or Pella Architectural windows on the front of the house only. I don't want to spend a lot on nice windows and put up cheap looking shutters, but we also don't want to break the bank with the shutters either. We plan to mount the shutters with hardware so they look operable, but whether or not they actuate operate isn't a priority. Ideally I would like a product that is resistant to rot, insect damage, holds paint well, and lasts a long time. Wood shutter are nice, but I'm concerned with rot and insect damage. I'm thinking the best product would be a composite material made of plastic or foam. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. If you know of any manufacturers or dealers I could talk to, I would also appreciate that info too. Thanks.

Bob

Comments (14)