SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
downsouth1993

My husband's parents items - what to do

downsouth1993
15 years ago

Hi Guys,

I read a previous post about yard sale items and people who hit this forum and run. I may be guilty of both of those in this following post. My husband and I have no children, have no relatives that would remotely be interested in my husband's parents items. His parents passed away over 10 years ago. We kept as many items as we could and have incorporated them into our home and admire them often, but then there are the other items that we have packed up and have taken with us from home to home over the past 10 yrs. My husband has sentimental value to some of these items, but he finally realizes that there is no life for them in boxes, and our next house we will be downsizing as we get close to retirement. I know most of it is worthless, not that we want money for it, but if someone could give us an assessment of whether it is only worthy for goodwill or the dump or what other options may be suggested we sure would be appreciative. (DH having a hard time giving them up...but he's ready)

Here is a link that might be useful: collectibles, goodwill or trash

Comments (11)