SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daesaflgatorfan

For stocky - Eastlake dresser and mirror

daesaflgatorfan
16 years ago

Mother-in-law (MIL from here on) gave us a large dresser with mirror a few months ago. We believe it has the original hardware, (she put new casters on it, though) and the mirror is the original glass. She knew it was old, but had no true idea. We transported it from Florida to South Carolina, (no small feat, I assure you), where I researched and found it to be an Eastlake piece of furniture.

The wood is in excellent condition, though MIL refinished it. (She has bad eyesight, but didn't do too bad of a job.) Do you think she reduced the value very much? We are planning on having it appraised for insurance purposes.

Link to photos: http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/gatorlover/Dresser%20and%20chairs/

Also, there is an old chair pictured there, given to us an aunt. It's constructed with wooden pegs, and while the fabric on the cushion is modern, (serged edges), the cushion itself is original to the piece, I believe. Thoughts? Thanx in advance!

BTW, I have a Victorian slipper rocker, and we just refinished a table in Danish oil. I'll have to let you see the pics for those one day soon. We're quite proud of the dining table.

Comments (7)