SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheryl_hays3290497

Quickdrain Linear Drain

Intoodeep
12 years ago

Hi everyone!

Demo begins tomorrow on the master bath remodel - FINALLY!!

I want to try and do a Quickdrain linear drain, but I am not sure if it will work and I need some help. I think a mud base would be best given our neo-angle shower, but quick drain has these nifty QuickSlope and FlatPanel products that may eliminate the need to build a mud pan.

Also, apparently Quickdrain makes their own Noble-like membrane (they no longer reccomend using Noble as a result) but they do allow the use of Hydroban for waterproofing.

We will be doing a radiant floor in the shower and the quickdrain folks tell me that the radiant layer can go under or over the membrane. In this case, I'd lean towards UNDER for obvious reasons. Suntouch WarmWire is rated for shower locations.

My GC has only ever done a rubber membrane and never worked with topical waterproofing.

I am trying to figure out:

1) Can we use a linear drain with this shower configuration

2) How do we work the slope? I would like the drain on the South 44" wall.

3) What is the best way to tell my GC to waterproof considering his experience with rubber membranes, but not topical?

4) I'd like to keep the curb as low as possible, what do you think is reasonable?

Anything else to think about??

In case it is too small to see:

The shower is 68"x68". The short walls are 42" each with the entry door on most of the 45 degree wall. The bench will be 24"x24" with 6" sides and 24" across the front.

There is a fixed head on the West wall, handheld on the South wall and a 12" rain shower in the center. Controls will be on the North and East walls.

Thanks in advance for the advice!!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm