SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kbmas0n

When do you put in the Heat/AC?

kbmas0n
16 years ago

My in-laws are driving me crazy. 'nuf said. If I hear one more time that it has to be a certain temperature in the house before drywall can be installed(No kidding???? Wow. I had no idea!!!), I'm going to scream. Lots of not-nice words.

Anyway, obviously it is super cold here in the midwest where we are building, and we're getting close to drywall time. My DH is finishing up the electric and the plumber has finished his rough-in. We're doing spray-foam insulation and then comes the drywall!

We are doing geo-termal and our "guy" told us that he recommends waiting until the drywall is up and primed before they run the duct work. Well, my inlaws are insisting they should do it now, because how are you going to heat the place in order to do the drywall. They have never heard of portable heaters. And you can't leave them on all night! What about a FIRE?! .

Does anybody have any prior experience? Did you wait to put in the geothermal, or put it in ahead of the drywall? And, if you waited, did you bring in portable heaters? Did you leave them on at night? And does the house need to stay warm AFTER the drywall is finished?

TIA.

Comments (10)