SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thecatsmeowth

New Garage Apartment Floorplan

thecatsmeowth
11 years ago

Everyone here has been giving me great advice on the plans that I've presented so far. I still have quite a bit to learn and am trying to avoid hiring an architect (sticking to modifications that can be done through the site's architect or my GC) due to my inexperience. Since my last plan grew another 200 square feet, I expanded my search and found another plan that I like quite a bit.

Before I start redrawing, I thought I'd post it here and list out my desired changes so others could weigh in as well.

http://www.thegarageplanshop.com/7072/plan-detail/053g-0018.php

List of Changes:
Bathroom - I don't need a shower as well as a tub, so I thought I'd drop the shower and add in a second sink with a bit more counter space.

Kitchen - We want a smaller dining area in favor of a larger kitchen area. The kitchen lacks a pantry, so I was thinking of using some of the dining room space for that.

Stairs - We have pets that we don't want to worry about getting knocked over the rail during rough housing, so I'll be enclosing the stairwell. I was thinking that would give wall space to the kitchen and would be great for more counterspace, but I just don't know if the space is there without dropping the island.

Hallway - There's no reason for the wall between the dining room and laundry to be extended, so I'd shorten that up and possible extend the laundry to be even with the the bathroom. There's also no hall closet. Any ideas where to put one?

Thanks again everyone!

Comments (15)