Hairdresser trying to get rid of me?
17 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (6)
- 17 years ago
Related Discussions
Help me get rid of this horrible smell!
Comments (24)Yeah, it's...unspeakable. Anaerobic decay compounds don't smell nice. As far as the pool, it might air out eventually. At least to the point where the residual is almost undetectable. You can try the following, both work (yeah, yeah, just call me the Happy Homemaker): Dissolve 1 tbsp baking soda in 1 quart water, and spray that densely on the plastic. Let sit and dry back into powder. Then wash off (don't scrub too hard, it'll wear at the plastic, but washing away is fine). That'll help get rid of the scent from the plastic. You can try a spray of 1 part bleach to 10 part water solution, let sit for a moment, and rinse it. This can be really wearing on the plastic, however--but if it's this or throw it out, then......See MoreHelp Me Get Rid of the Blasted Spiders!
Comments (36)In a repot, I will flip the plant upside down, bareroot and wash off everything. No less than 2 days later, there's a web. Or today, I put my tray of seeds outside....a cookie tray. Bringing them in, I found 8 web strings...no spider. I can appreciate balance....and I'm not against spiders taking up this or that corner. I leave them alone. I have one, aptly named Charlotte (3 pts for originality, I know) that resides at the top corner of my storage cabinet out there, I'm fine with that....but these spiders shooting webs from ceiling to plant, roof to roof, pot to pot, beam to beam....wow. I bought a bbq lighter just to burn off the webs. A quick run over with the lighter doesn't do anything to the plants and eradicates the web in a millisecond. I do look ridiculous doing this 5-6x a day but hell if I care. I primarily have white spiders, brown garden spider looking things, and some green ones. At this point, I don't care what kind they are...I just want them off my patio. I feel ya, original poster. :)...See MoreShame me! Yell at me! Make me get rid of them!
Comments (20)Oh how I can sympathize...I too hoard Country Home and Real Simple, even though much of its content is online. I just love that moment when I sit in my favorite rump-sprung chair, so worm that the cording on the edge of the cushion is showing, next to the window, and settle in for some serious grazing with a pile of them on the table next to me. I had every good intention of totally purging this past weekend, until I opened up a copy of Hallmark magazine I'd bought at Christmastime 2003...I'd never had the time to read it, just browsed, but this day I did, and it was such wonderful and inspiring and inspired writing! And I'd almost thrown it out! What might be hidden in those stacks of Country Home that I haven't yet savored? What gems of wisdom and practicality are lurking in Real Simple!? How can I possibly just pitch all that potential?! Am I mad?! Oh, and did I mention that I then went online and subscribed to Hallmark magazine? Just one more......See MoreTrying to get rid of Horseherb in backyard;
Comments (6)Broadleaf herbicides can make a dent, but well established plants are tough and often able to recover even from repeated treatments. I usually have to resort to quite a bit of hand pulling (with a tool) and find anything that can be done to reduce reseeding helps a lot. Where left to grow without trimming, they seed out moderately in shade and intensively in sun. Keeping them cut short reduces flowering. A well timed pre-emergent also helps much in reducing new plants so that progress can be made by pulling. Good luck dealing with this lovely irritating native. Our experience has been that it seems to fail where you decide you want it.... and ends up flourishing almost everywhere else. As Calvin Finch has said: Horseherb is hard to manage, and like a stray cat, it selects you and your yard, rather than being selected by the gardener....See More- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
Related Stories

MOST POPULARHow to Get Rid of Those Pesky Summer Fruit Flies
Learn what fruit flies are, how to prevent them and how to get rid of them in your home
Full Story
EDIBLE GARDENSNatural Ways to Get Rid of Weeds in Your Garden
Use these techniques to help prevent the spread of weeds and to learn about your soil
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGDownsizing Help: How to Get Rid of Your Extra Stuff
Sell, consign, donate? We walk you through the options so you can sail through scaling down
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESLose It: How to Get Rid of Old Light Bulbs
When the light goes out, you'll want to get rid of the bulb safely. Here's how
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPING4 Good Ways to Get Rid of Mosquitos in Your Yard
Stay safe from West Nile virus and put an end to irksome itches with these tools and methods for a porch, patio or yard
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESLose It: How to Get Rid of a Mattress
Updating your bedroom? Here's how to donate, reuse or recycle that mattress — and keep it out of the landfill
Full Story
MORE ROOMSHome Tech: Getting Rid of Wires Without Sacrificing Sound
Wireless home technology still isn't perfect, but new products are giving audiophiles choices
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGGot a Disastrously Messy Area? Try Triage
Get your priorities straight when it comes to housekeeping by applying an emergency response system
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDES15 Ideas to Try in Your Garden This Year
These gardening stories were tops among Houzz readers. Which ideas might you try this year?
Full Story
COLORReady to Try Something New? Houzz Guides to Color for Your Kitchen
If only mixing up a kitchen color palette were as easy as mixing batter. Here’s help for choosing wall, cabinet, island and backsplash hues
Full Story
michelle_phxaz