SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

Need ideas, and extra-extra long drawer glides

caroline94535
14 years ago

There's an odd floor-to-ceiling space at the end of our bathtub. It's 18" wide, and 38" deep.

I could slip an 18" untility cabinet in there and call it good, but we'd like to use all the space. There's plenty of room for 32", or deeper, drawers to pull forward. That means we have to build/modify cabinets, shelves, drawers, etc.

I'd like to have a base pull-out cabinet, to use as a double laundry hamper, topped with full-extension pull-out drawers all the way up to the standard 84"(?) height.

Do you know any company that sells drawer glides that are longer than 21" inches? I'd love to use at least 32" of the space's depth.

Here's the space "in progress." We moved the plumbing around and love the new layout, except for this narrow cubby-hole.

Temporary solution I'm using this small cabinet, borrowed from the basement guest bedroom, in the cubby-hole for now. I want a much taller cabinet, with all drawers above the base hamper area. It will be either white, or black, or white drawer fronts with a black frame.

Do you know if there are 32"-plus long drawer glides made? Any ideas, suggestions, directions, or links would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1391210}}

Comment (1)