SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nikkidan_gw

Medium stain vanity, lighter oak trim...pics anyone?

12 years ago

We've chosen Alder in a wild cherry stain for our cabinets in our new home. The rest of the woodwork (windows, trim, baseboards) and doors will be oak in a lighter stain (though darker than natural).

I'm worried though about having the different woods/stains in the bathrooms. Because they will be right next to eachother in the same room. From our kitchen there will be no visible oak doors, and only window trim visible (from the kitchen), and I'm ok with the kitchen cabinets "popping out" a little, since it is a main focal point of the home. I'm concerned though about the bathrooms having the 2 different woods/stains.

I've been completely and utterly unable to find a picture of a bathroom with different wood/stain on the vanity and trim/door. I'm a visual person! I'm afraid that if I don't get to see a picture, that when it comes down to ordering our cabinets (custom) next week, that I'm going change the bathroom vanities to oak, so I know they will match and look good.

Can anyone help me out...I've been through thousands of photos on Houzz and it seems 99% of them have white trim. We will NOT have white trim...it is beautiful, but not practical for us on the farm. I like the wood look for myself as far as trim/doors go. I've also googled many many times. But alas, no images showing what I want to see!

So if any of you out there can show me some pictures of a medium stain vanity with lighter stained wood trim in a bathroom, I would be forever grateful!!

Comment (1)