SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carecooks_gw

Showdown Miele Wall Oven vs Miele Speed Oven

carecooks
14 years ago

For years I've been wanting to have double ovens. The last time I had double ovens they were so old that they only had one rack apiece and I couldn't find replacement racks. So in figuring out what I wanted in my kitchen, I decided on the 30" Miele wall ovens (based on lots of advice here).

Last week, I was in Los Angeles and visited the Miele showroom in Beverly Hills. I brought a sheet pan to put in the double oven to check the size since I use sheet pans all the time. The sheet pan had room to spare. Then sales guy asked me why I wanted two ovens and I said, well, when I want to cook several things at two different temperatures. That happens to me about once or twice a month. It may happen more often when I finally have my new kitchen. So he said that I should really check out the Speed Oven. I said that I'm not in a hurry. I'm retired. Why would I care about speed? And it looked small. Then he suggested that I put in my sheet pan. It fit perfectly on the rack. And there was room enough for 3 sheet pans. You couldn't put a roast in or a several breads, but I could do cookies or bacon or one pie. It would probably heat up faster than the 30" and I don't really need the 30" space in two ovens. It also has a broiler and a microwave. No need to have my big old microwave take up counter space. But then I asked about The Price.

My heart fell. The regular Miele double ovens went up to $5899.00 today. The price for the Speed Oven with a 30" trim kit and a 30" oven is $7487. That is a difference of $1588.00. Gulp!

So for those of you who own the 30" oven and the speed oven...is it worth the price difference? Do I go back to my original plan or should I really consider the upgrade?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths