SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azmom_gw

What cause grout lines color variation?

azmom
10 years ago

I know there are million more important things in life than cleaning shower grout lines, but I really want to know what cause the color variation......Any ideas?

Our guest bathroom was completed recently. The contractor and his workers are outstanding in every aspect. The guest bathroom turned out very nice. The grout color is close to the color of tiles.

Here is a photo showing the shower floor before we used the shower:
{{gwi:1390285}}

So far the shower has been used for no more than 10 times. After each use, we cleaned it very well, espeically after our guest left on 12/28, it was thoroughly cleaned.

I noticed the color variation of the grout lines on the shower floor. First I thought the grout lines were wet so they looked darker. I waited until a couple of days ago and mentined that to the contractor. He said it was caused by soap scum. Tilex soap scum remover would work.

I was a little suprised, since the shower has only been used no more than 10 times, and we used body wash. In theory, it should cause less soap scum. Also, the bathroom was cleaned very well after each use. We do have very hardwater in our area.

Photos show the shower floor before cleaned with Tilex soap scum remover.
{{gwi:1390286}}

{{gwi:1390287}}

Yesterday I clened the shower with soap scum remover, the shower was completed dried by this morning, but the grout lines still show color variation.

Photos show the floor/wall after being cleaned with scum remover:
{{gwi:1390288}}

{{gwi:1390289}}

{{gwi:1390290}}

Does anyone know what cause the color variation of these grout lines on the floor and walls??

Is it caused by hard water? bad quality Grout being used? Others? Should we be concerned?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022