SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Can I keep this tile and work around it?

numbersjunkie
11 years ago

Happy New Year to all my GardenWeb friends!

My project for this year is to update my hall bathroom. We have 2 kids - both in college. At a minimum, we need to tear down the wall paper, replace the tub/shower fixtures and the vanity top/sink/faucet. I also want to replace the vanity because the paint is chipped and it just seems very dated to me. My house tends towards contemporary - cedar siding, open floor plan, vaulted ceilings.

So here's my dilemma....I want to replace the vanity with something like one I saw on houzz - see link below. we have a 77 inch wide vanity now so it should work well in my space - and I think we can build it inexpensively. But I really don't want to replace the floor tile or the tile in the tub. Its solid white, but the style is dated. Can I keep the existing tile and make the more modern style vanity work?

Any suggestions for colors or finishes that would tie it all together? Here are pics

Here is a link that might be useful: [Vanity from houzz website[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/wondered-where-i-can-buy-the-bathroom-vanity-please-dsvw-vd~129571)

Comments (6)