SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mafreeze

Beverage Center

mafreeze
13 years ago

I have a wine cooler/beverage center dilemma.

My situation: I have a 30" base cabinet that will be removed and replaced with a built-in wine cooler/beverage center, all under cover of an existing granite counter top.

I would like dual temperatures: one for chilling red wine to just below room temperature, say 65 degrees, and the other for bottled beer, canned sodas, and the occasional bottle of white wine to refrigerator-type cold, say 36 degrees or so.

I'm having trouble finding a 30" unit (or two 15" units) that meets these wishes. Yet I gotta believe there's something out there. It's hard enough to find coolers bigger than 24", or two 15" units that can be ganged together. Add to that the fact I want my non-red wine beverages at a temperature colder than what most wine coolers can do--the few units I've found that will fit don't offer the functionality I desire. I've seen a few 30" dual-zone wine coolers, but they are just that. They're intended to chill wine and only go down to 45-ish degrees, too warm for bottled beer, soda, etc. Additionally the shelving/racks are only wine bottle appropriate.

Anyone know of good options I'm missing? Last resort is a 24" cooler with 3" filler strips on either side, but I'd really like to avoid that. Thanks for your thoughts and suggestion!

Comments (3)