SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angryrooster

Bill & Mongo, Question for you please (repost)

jjaazzy
14 years ago

I installed the Styrofoam base today and all went well. (yea for me!) Bill you were right about D&B Tile and I went and got a gallon of their flexible mortar additive to add to their thinet to set the foam base to the plywood floor, fill in a few gaps and seal down the flange (Nobleseal) from the floor drain.

Now I am ready to complete the floor with the blue Nobleseal liner. (walls will be Kerdi) How far up the sides should I go with the blue liner I'm thinking 6" or 8", more?

Can I use a staple gun or drywall screw at top to attach to the studs? They also say to overlap the seams 2" when shower floor requires 2 pieces to be seamed. I am thinking about doing 3" and they say to run 2 beads of their caulk to seal it, I'm thinking 3 just to be safe! : )What do you think?

In the video of Nobleseal they show them doing the shower floor corners by cutting from edge in and running one side up one wall and then the other side up the wall and then around corner and caulk the overlap down. (did that make any sense at all?) Do you agree with this method? (I need to look at Mongo's how too again but this PC I am using tonight is older and slow) Other liners I see they do a fold process but it gets very bulky.

Should I go ahead and use this modifyer with the thinset mixture for this stage in the shower floor project? I'd like to use it up if I can. Thank you all again so much. BTW when I tried to post this last night or rather in the wee hours of the am the GW system when down that is the reason for dead post sorry about that.

Comments (7)